Hey guys, hope you are having a good day. Today, I am back with a new and exciting Minimalist sunscreen review, which you all may have been waiting for.
Minimalist Sunscreen is the first ever Indian brand affordable Sun stick that verily comes along with modern-age safe UV filters. An authenticated independent Indian lab has tested this cosmetic product and confirmed an SPF value of almost 56.97 in it. In addition, it is rendered to be acne-safe and photo-stable sunscreen proudly manufactured in Korea. Let’s see some more details of this product.
What is Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50?
Basically, it is a renowned moisturizing sunscreen containing multivitamins that deeply hydrate the skin while simultaneously making the application of sunscreen easier. Although a few people, especially those with acne-prone and oily skin types, may find it a bit heavy. But it is suitable for all. It does not leave behind any white cast as it easily gets absorbed into the skin. Moreover, this sunscreen has a broad spectrum SPF 50 value and it readily offers a PA++++ Sun protection, ultimately making it one of the best sunscreens in the market to buy.
Minimalist is one of the popular Indian brands that readily claims no product opacity and hidden ingredients. The key ingredients of Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50, however, include the following:
- Uvinul T 150
- Diisopropyl Adipate
- Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
- Diisopropyl Sebacate
- Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane
- Arachidyl Alcohol
- Behenyl Alcohol
- Arachidyl Glucoside
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- Titanium Dioxide
- Ethylhexyl Triazone
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Glyceryl Stearate
- Butylene Glycol
- Linoleic Acid
- Linolenic Acid
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Tocopherol Acetate
- Polysorbate 20
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer
- Xanthan Gum
- Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6
- Acacia Gum
- Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate
Significant Features of Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50
- It is an incredible broad-spectrum moisturizing sunscreen with a PA++++ and SPF 50, best for skin protection against harmful ultraviolet Sun rays.
- Formulated with four very unique and effective UV filters, named
- Uvinul T 150
- Titanium oxide
- All these provide extraordinary protection from UVA and UVB simultaneously.
- It boosts the skin with various vitamins, such as Vitamin A, B3, B5, E, and F. All these not only repair damaged skin but also hydrate, nourish, and smooths normal skin.
- Moreover, Minimalist sunscreen SPF 50 is remarkably photo-stable which means it presents prolonged and efficient UV rays protection.
- In addition, it easily spreads equally on the skin without leaving behind any white cast or unwanted residue.
- It perfectly suits all skin types.
- It is silicon-free, fragrance-free, oil-free, and paraben-free.
- Above all, it is a hybrid sunscreen with a well-balanced pH of 5.7 – 6.7.
Other Basic Minimalist Sunscreen Details
1. Color and Texture
It is a creamy and white sunscreen. Though, it is of creamy texture, it is fluffy and light in texture that spreads quickly
2. Product Packaging
This Minimalist sunscreen typically comes in an airless dispenser bottle with a pump. Such packing definitely feels like a luxury. Indeed, the pump of this sunscreen works very smoothly without any blockage. Moreover, the bottle itself comes in a presentable carton box with various details about the product furnished on it.
It is entirely fragrance-free, which means it does not smell at all. Not even the chemicals added to it have any smell.
4. Price and Where to Buy
Typically its price is Rs. 599 per 50 grams. One can easily buy it from the official websites of several popular portals like Nykaa, Amazon, and many more.
5. Shelf Life
Its shelf life is almost 18 months from the date of its manufacturing.
How to Use Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50?
Given below and some basic tips and tricks for using this sunscreen:
- Use it in the morning so that it protects your skin from harmful Sun rays.
- Apply it on your cleansed face after all your moisturizers and serums.
- Apply evenly and generously on your whole face, neck, and hands.
- Reapply it after some time for extra protection, especially while continuous Sun exposure.
- Reapply after activities like swimming, towel drying, and perspiring.
Pros and Cons of Minimalist Sunscreen
- Easy to apply
- Lightweight texture
- No white cast left behind
- Suitable for all skin types
- Free from oil, silicon, and paraben
- Worls absolutely fine in all weather conditions
- Has a safe ingredient list
- Offers high protection from the Sun rays, PSF 50 PA++++
- Hybrid sunscreen
- No sensitivity or irritation after applying
- Spreads easily and equally on the skin
- Contains anti-aging and skin-brightening agents
- Does not makes the skin look dark or dull
- Excellently nourishes and hydrates the skin
Its only con is that it does not work well in the summer season leaving behind a stickiness, heaviness, and an uncomfortable shiny look on the skin on hot days.
Minimalist sunscreen SPF 50 Review and Experience
I have been using this sunscreen for about 4 weeks up till now. I can say it is surely one of the best sunscreens for skin protection from the Sun rays on the market today.
My personal experience with it has been very good. This moisturizer like sunscreen has a slipper texture that sits on the top of my skin without feeling heavy. In addition to that, it has a soft creamy, and fluffy texture that spreads well on the skin while vanishing without leaving any white cast.
In general, I used two pumps of this sunscreen on my face and one on my hands and neck. This quantity was enough for a uniform protective layer on my skin. This sunscreen took just a few seconds to a minute to blend uniformly in my skin giving me a nice neutral finish. Also, it has never broken my skin off so far.
However, there were a few hot summer days when it felt like nothing on my skin and made me sweat a lot. Also, I found out that it is neither waterproof nor sweatproof, which caused a little inconvenience on hot and humid days.
On the whole, I can say I am loving this sunscreen as I can apply it easily whenever and wherever I want. Its ingredients list is remarkable offering numerous benefits to my skin and its tone. Indeed, it is the best sunscreen out of all I have used previously to get my skin protected from the damage caused by the harmful UV rays emitted from the Sun.
Question. No.1: Can sensitive skin individuals use Minimalist sunscreen SPF 50?
Answer: This featured sunscreen typically contains a large number of non-comedogenic and safe ingredients. So, people with sensitive skin like me can easily use it without any significant concerns.
Question. No.2: Can lactating or pregnant women use it?
Answer: No, this sunscreen contains an ingredient name Octocrylene as one of its premium ingredients, although it is a photo-stable and safe ingredient, it is not recommended to women during their lactating or pregnancy period.
Question. No.3: Do I recommend Minimalist sunscreen or not?
Answer: If you are searching for the best sunscreen for everyday use, then I would highly recommend you this Minimalist product and see how it works for your skin. However, I would not recommend its use in hot summer days.
Minimalist sunscreen SPF 50 PA++++ is one of the best lightweight sunscreens that provides ultimate protection from the harmful UV rays of the Sun. During cold winter days, it works absolutely fine leaving no shine, white cast, or stickiness behind. Also, its ingredients help nourish and hydrate the skin very well, preventing any dullness and breakouts. However, it does not work so well on extremely hot summer days.
Also Read: Wow Face Wash Review